- August 10, 2009 at 1:33 am #275077
Serves 24 servings
1/3 cup roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Natural Sliced Almonds
2 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pure Olive Oil
3 teaspoons sherry or white wine vinegar
1/2 lb ground chicken or turkey breast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika or sweet paprika
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/4 cup Smucker’s® Sweet Orange Marmalade
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
2. Drain red peppers; pat dry with paper towels. In small food processor, place red peppers, garlic, almonds, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 teaspoon of the vinegar. Cover; process until well blended. (Or finely chop red peppers, garlic and almonds; mix with oil and vinegar until well blended.) Set aside.
3. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt, cumin, coriander and paprika; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up large pieces of chicken with wooden spoon, until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in onion; cook about 2 minutes until onion is softened. Stir in marmalade and remaining 2 teaspoons vinegar; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated and chicken is caramelized. Cool 5 minutes.
4. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 4 rectangles, pressing perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle crosswise into 3 pieces, then cut each piece in half lengthwise for a total of 24 squares. Press each dough square in bottom and up side of muffin cup. Spoon rounded 1 teaspoon chicken mixture into each cup. Top each with about 1/2 teaspoon pepper mixture.
5. Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.