- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated October 30, 2007 at 12:59 am by .
- October 30, 2007 at 12:59 am #253894
Lemony Fish over Vegetables and Rice
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:35 min
1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice (rice and vermicelli mix with
almonds and Oriental seasonings)
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 bag (1 pound) frozen corn, broccoli and red peppers
1 pound mild-flavored fish fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook rice and margarine over medium
heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden
brown. Stir in water, seasoning packet from rice mix and lemon peel.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Stir in vegetables. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Cut
fish into 4 serving pieces; arrange on rice mixture. Sprinkle fish
with lemon-pepper seasoning; drizzle with lemon juice. Reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with
fork and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Prep Time:5 min
Start to Finish:15 min
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup cold cooked white rice
1 cup Green Giant® Niblets® frozen whole kernel corn
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 can (15 to 16 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
2 cups lightly packed spinach leaves
1. Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; rotate
wok to coat side.
2. Add all ingredients except spinach to skillet; stir-fry 3 to 4
minutes or until heated through. Add spinach; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes
or until spinach begins to wilt.
Hot-and-Sweet Apricot Chicken
Prep Time:25 min
Start to Finish:30 min
1 can (15 1/4 ounces) apricot halves in juice, drained and juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons chili or vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2×1/4-inch slices
1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 medium green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
6 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. Chop apricots. Mix reserved juice, the cornstarch, five-spice
powder, soy sauce and red pepper.
2. Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to
coat side. Add chicken and gingerroot; stir-fry about 2 minutes or
until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add asparagus and onions;
stir-fry about 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
3. Stir in juice mixture, apricots and pineapple. Heat to boiling,
stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve with rice.
Kelly in IL
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.