Stuff I’d Like to See General Serching for a recipe – Can anyone help me??

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking everywhere for a recipe of a dish my grandmother used to make. Long story as to why the family didn’t end up with her recipe box….. 🙁 . Anyway…..the name of it was “World’s Fair Dessert” – it had graham crackers lining the bottom of glass cake pan, then a layer of a pineapple type custard, another layer of graham crackers and the last layer was partial set cherry jello. Refridgerate until set. She would put dollups of whipped cream on each serving. It was very good and very rich.
      Does anybody out there ever hear of this dish before???? I would love for my kids and grand kids to have this recipe if I can find it. Please Help!!

Keymaster

@Deborah_D 263488 wrote:

I am looking everywhere for a recipe of a dish my grandmother used to make. Long story as to why the family didn’t end up with her recipe box….. 🙁 . Anyway…..the name of it was “World’s Fair Dessert” !

This might be an odd question, but where did your grandmother originate from? Is she from Nevada also? Many recipes are regional and it might make it easier to find this one with just a little more information . . .

Participant

Born and raised in Little Rock Arkansas – but she lived alot of different places, California, Nebraska, Colorado and Wyoming to name a few. I don’t know when she originally got this recipe – I just remember her making it for all pot lucks we used to go to.

Not sure if this is the type of pie you are looking for but maybe it can help. This one is made with peaches. It’s called Peaches and Cream Pie and I found it at AllRecipes. here’s the link:

Peaches and Cream Pie II Recipe – Allrecipes.com

I would think you could use whichever fruit flavored gelatin that you like for this. Hope it helps.

Try googling icebox cakes, etc.
      Sounds like an icebox case to me….

Please post when you find it. It sounds delicious!

Avatar for Deborah_Dbethaliz6894
      Participant

i have looked and sorry to say i am unable to come up with anything that could be close. is it possible this was something she made up? you know those are some of the best recipes out there.

i too would like for you to post it if you ever find it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stuff I’d Like to See General Serching for a recipe – Can anyone help me??