- This topic is empty.
- May 4, 2020 at 2:44 pm #585120
This spice blend is a replica of the discontinued Salt ‘n Spice product. The seasoning blend consists of salt, pepper, onion, garlic, and celery seed.
To achieve the Exact same flavor, you’ll need to use McCormick Perfect pinch garlic pepper (salt-free) seasoning.
Copycat McCormick Salt’n Spice
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Garlic Pepper Salt Free Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Whole Celery Seed
Combine all of the ingredients together, mixing well to fully incorporate. Store in a container that is tightly sealed and placed in a cool, dark, dry area. Spice quality breaks down and doesn’t last as long if subjected to light or heat.
Alternative Salt’n Spice Blend Recipe
While the above recipe most closely replicates the flavor, here’s one that is close enough that most people won’t notice the difference.
- 2 tbsp Lawry’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1/4 cup coarse kosher or sea salt
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp celery seed
Note: McCormick Salt’N Spice originally contained MSG. You may add 1/4 tsp of Accent or McCormick Flavor Enhancer if desired- or don’t! That’s the point of making your own seasonings, you get to control what’s in them.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.