Tagged: potato soup
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated February 4, 2012 at 1:13 am by .
- February 3, 2012 at 1:59 am #237780MrsPaws
Scalloped Potatoes and Chicken
1/4 cup celery-diced
1/4 cup bell pepper-diced
1/2 cup onion-diced
1 garlic clove-minced
1 1/2 cups diced Velveeta light cheese
7 medium potatoes-unpeeled-sliced
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
s and p to taste
1 tbsp dried minced parsley
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of celery soup
1 soup can fat free milk
1. Place layers of veggies and cheese in prepared Crock Pot.
2. Sprinkle s and p on chicken, then place on top of veggie layers.
Combine soup, parsley, garlic, and milk. Pour over chicken. Press meat down into liquid.
Cover; cook on high 2 hours then reduce to low for 4 hours.
- February 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm #431337m.simmons
This sounds like a good recipe. I just got chicken on sale for fifty five cents a pound so now I need some new cheap recipes to use all of it. I love crockpot meals.
Whenever there is a bridal shower, that is my standard gift to the bride because everyone should own a crockpot:) Thanks for the recipe. I am going to try it. One question: I put my crockpot on when I leave for work and there is no one to turn it down during the day.
Could I just put it on low and cook it longer or will this mess up the texture or consistency?
- February 4, 2012 at 1:13 am #431339MrsPaws
I’ve made this both ways. In my opinion, both were good. The original recipe had a bit more texture than leaving it on low all day, but both are extremely tasty.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.