- February 25, 2012 at 3:29 am #303793
Yep, another chicken recipe with orange… 😉
Savory Orange Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts OR bone in breasts with skin removed
1 tbsp orange zest
1 cup orange juice
1/3 cup chili sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce-light or low sodium
1 tbsp molasses
1 tsp dry ground mustard
1 cloves garlic-minced OR 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 small onion-chopped OR 1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 bell pepper-chopped *OPTIONAL*
3 medium oranges-peeled and separated into segments OR 1 (13 1/2 0z) can mandarin oranges
s and p -to taste
1. Rinse and pat dry chicken.
2. Arrange chicken and veggies, (if used), in prepared slow cooker.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
4. In a separate bowl, combine juice, chili sauce, soy sauce, molasses, spices and seasonings. Pour over chicken.
5. Cover; cook on low 8 hours.
6. 30 – 45 minutes before servings, stir in green peppers, (if using), and orange segments.
7. Serve over hot rice.
*NOTE* Can garnish with chopped green onions or fresh chopped parsley before serving.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.