- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated January 3, 2012 at 11:20 pm by .
- December 27, 2011 at 11:28 pm #301851
Savory Onion Rice
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 cup dry, long-grain rice
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 2 tablespoons dry minced onions
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons beef bullion granules with no MSG
* 2 cups tap water
Add oil to a heavy bottomed pan, heat, add rice.
Saute until rice is opaque and toasted.
Add water and seasonings.
Stir well and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low, and cover.
Cook for 25-30 minutes or until rice is done and all liquid is absorbed.
Serve hot and enjoy.
- December 28, 2011 at 11:00 pm #430993
Sorry, but I had to move this to the general recipes forum, because it technically isn’t a mix. However, it does sound quite yummy…
- January 2, 2012 at 5:26 pm #431047
I actually make this up as a mix and keep several on hand in the pantry. Mix all the dry ingredients together, put into zip top bags, label, and seal.
When ready to prepare, just saute the rice in the olive oil, add the water and other dry ingredients…cook and voila’…have a tasty rice side dish. 😉
- January 2, 2012 at 11:25 pm #431049
Well, girlfriend, you need to post the ‘mix’ in the MYO forum and add the directions;-D Just my opinion, but after reviewing the ingredients (subtracting the oil, rice, and water), this would work with pasta (like orzo) or boiled potatoes (or sprinkled over potatoes before roasting), and/or added to ground meat for whatever purpose! This would make a great, general seasoning mix for just about anything! Share your brilliance, gal…
- January 3, 2012 at 11:20 pm #431068
Those variations never came to mind…but they sound great! Without a doubt I’ll be experimenting now!!
As far as sharing the brilliance, I’ll have to leave that up to you…the recipes you come up with are some of the best I’ve ever seen and can’t wait to try many out.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.