- December 12, 2008 at 1:29 am #267706
SAVOIARDI – (lady fingers)
3 eggs, separated
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sifted cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Beat egg yolk until thick and lemon colored. Beat in almond extract.
Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry, and gradually beat in sugar until whites are glossy and
Fold egg yolks gently into whites.
Fold in sifted dry ingredients.
Drop batter by tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheet forming fingers in 3 inch long and 1 inch wide. Bake in moderate 350F oven 10 minutes, until light brown.
Remove immediately from cookie sheet and cool on rack. Makes 3 dozen.
- December 12, 2008 at 1:44 am #405989
I just found a raspberry mousse torte recipe that uses ladyfingers as it’s outer “crust” and I think I will try this recipe out! Thank you!
- December 12, 2008 at 7:52 am #406004
Thanks JoAnn, I have always wanted to know how to make Lady Fingers!!!
This will be fun to try.
- December 14, 2008 at 10:09 am #406046
Same here…this looks easy too 🙂 Thanks
- December 14, 2008 at 10:37 am #406047
Raspberry mousse torte recipe, can you share that recipe. That sounds good would like to try that one.
- December 14, 2008 at 7:32 pm #406074
Thank you! I’ve long needed a lady finger recipe so glad to finally have it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.