Saucy and Savory Sloppy Joes

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Saucy and Savory Sloppy Joes

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I’m still promoting unusual gifts from you kitchen especially for family and/or friends that are struggling. I promise that I have given gifts like this for whatever occasion was available…anniversay, birthday, etc. and they have been most appreciated. I even got a phone call from a friend’s daughter that I knew was going through a rough patch. I had given her a container with all of the dry ingredients to make chili with a gift certificate to purchase ground beef, chicken, or turkey. She stuck the container in her pantry and one day when she had no clue what to cook for her family of five with no paycheck to buy groceries, she remembered my gift! She said that is was the best gift anyone could ever give and now, that things are better financialy, she is paying it forward!
      Purchase the following — 1lb brown sugar, small jar or mustard, small bottle of ketchup and place in a basket. Attach a gift certificate for at least $10 and include the following recipe:
      Saucy and Savory Sloppy Joes
      1 lb ground beef
      1/8 cup brown sugar
      1/8 cup mustard
      1/2 cup ketchup
      hamburger buns
      1 medium onion, chopped
      1 cup chopped zucchini (OR 1 cup of your desired vegetables)
      Chop vegetables, set aside. Brown your ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the beef free of excess grease. Add the brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, and vegetables. Mix together. Simmer for 5-6 minutes. Serve on your favorite buns.
      piggy bank

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Saucy and Savory Sloppy Joes