- June 13, 2014 at 11:01 am #357727here’s one of my favorite breakfast casseroles to make!
Sassy N Simple French Toast Bake!
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….stir till mixed.
1 loaf of thickly sliced bread
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Cinnamon for sprinkling
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around.
Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single slices of bread in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
Sprinkle some cinnamon over bread/eggsCover & chill in fridge overnight
7. Add 2nd layer of sliced bread
8. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
10. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
11. Sprinkle with powdered sugar & cinnamon
Serve with warm maple syrup
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- June 13, 2015 at 11:05 am #461509FreebieQueenModerator
This one sounds yummy! Thank you for sharing, I was just looking for a good breakfast recipe to enjoy.
- June 13, 2015 at 7:27 pm #461515mosParticipantYummy, yummy! Looks absolutely delicious, too! LOL!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.