- June 13, 2014 at 11:01 am #357727here’s one of my favorite breakfast casseroles to make!
Sassy N Simple French Toast Bake!
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf of thickly sliced bread
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Cinnamon for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around.
Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single slices of bread in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
Sprinkle some cinnamon over bread/eggs
7. Add 2nd layer of sliced bread
8. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
Cover & chill in fridge overnight
10. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
11. Sprinkle with powdered sugar & cinnamon
Serve with warm maple syrup
- June 13, 2015 at 11:05 am #461509
This one sounds yummy! Thank you for sharing, I was just looking for a good breakfast recipe to enjoy.
- June 13, 2015 at 7:27 pm #461515
Yummy, yummy! Looks absolutely delicious, too! LOL!