- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated August 22, 2014 at 6:59 am by .
- February 13, 2014 at 7:18 pm #338641
My dear friend, Santie, and I are always looking for ways to save money and she shared this recipe with me. It works very well, cuts through grease easily.
Santie’s Dish Washing Liquid (makes 6 liters)
5 Liters Hot Water
4 Cups Washing Powder
750ml Dish Washing Liquid (we use Sunlight)
125ml Lemon Juice
12.5ml Methylated Spirits
Mix the washing powder, water and dish liquid in a big pot on the stove until the powder has melted. Remove from heat and leave to cool down. Add the lemon juice and spirits and mix well.
Leave it now to completely cool down. Pour into bottles and enjoy the money you saved.
- February 14, 2014 at 4:36 am #450910
Question? I suffer from severe dry skin… split fingers and cuts…
etc. Is this hard on your hands? Thank you for posting!!!
- February 14, 2014 at 12:14 pm #450924
Hi Blynnmess Thank you for the question, I have only been using this recipe recently and I have had no adverse effects, my hands do feel slightly soapy when I am finished with the dishes. My friend has been using it for years with no problems but we do not have severe dry hands.
- August 20, 2014 at 1:46 pm #458014
Can I ask for types of washing powder that can be used?Thank You so very much.
- August 22, 2014 at 6:59 am #448209
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.