- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated March 22, 2007 at 9:45 pm by .
- March 22, 2007 at 9:45 pm #239460BiggerPiggyBank
mcdonald’s apple pie clone
peel core and chop as much apple as you think you will need.
place apple, 1 tsp. butter and sugar to taste in a microwave safe dish.
Add 1 tbsp. of water, cover with plastic wrap and cook a few minutes or until just cooked through.
Place the sugar, butter and apple in a saucepan with a little water and cook until just cooked through.
Thicken the juices a little with some cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with cold water.
Be sure not to make too much juice.
Preheat sandwich maker machine.
Cut one slice of store bought Puff pastry into 2 halves.
Butter one side of the 1/2 slice of the pastry and repeat with the other 1/2 slice.
Place one piece of the pastry buttered side down in the toaster.
Fill the hollows with the cooked apple.
Place the other piece of pastry on top, buttered side up.
Close lid and wait until golden brown.
Serve when as soon as cool enough to handle.use of pastry.
ready made pastry sheets such as puff and shortcrust are ideal for making quick and easy desserts.
1. Simply place one half of the pastry sheet onto the cooking plate of your pre-heated Snack Maker.
2. Form a hollow and spoon in your choice of pie filling*
Top with remaining pastry half and close the lid.
4. Cook until golden brown.
* Use jam or jelly instead of pie filling and make your own Pop-Tarts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.