Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dietary Concern Recipes Salted Caramel Apple Crisp from Crunchmaster

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mos April 17, 2016 at 12:37 am.

• Author
    • ½ cup Crunchmaster Original Multi-Grain Crisps, crushed
    • 4 large Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored, and diced
    • 8 Tablespoons brown sugar
    • ½ cup prepared caramel sauce
    • ½ teaspoon sea salt
    • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    • 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
    • ½ cup certified gluten-free oats
    • ½ cup almond flour
    • ½ cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
    • vanilla ice cream (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with 2 Tablespoons of butter.
    2. In a bowl, toss together the apples, 4 Tablespoons of brown sugar, caramel sauce, salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Transfer the apple mixture to the baking dish.
    3. In a bowl, combine the crushed Multi-Grain Crisps, gluten-free oats, almond flour, almonds, and the remaining 4 Tablespoons of brown sugar. Mix well.
    4. Cut the remaining 4 Tablespoons of butter into small pieces and add it to the oats mixture. Using your fingers, rub the mixture together until crumbly.
    5. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the apples and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until the apples are tender and the topping is crisp. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if you wish.

mos
    Participant

Armymomof 2…I’m not familiar with this product — Crunchmaster Original Multi-Grain Crisps. What is it?

Its a type of cracker. You can find them in the us, not sure about over seas.

mos
    Participant

Is this a Walmart product? I googled and it came up with Walmart. I refuse to shop at Walmart…can you recommend a similar product?

They are sold at Publix and most likely other grocery stores as well besides walmart. I Googled it before and got Amazon.

mos
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll see what I can find. If nothing else, I will try to find a comparable substitute;-D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dietary Concern Recipes Salted Caramel Apple Crisp from Crunchmaster