- March 24, 2016 at 2:35 am #370634
- ½ cup Crunchmaster Original Multi-Grain Crisps, crushed
- 4 large Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 8 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup prepared caramel sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup certified gluten-free oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- In a bowl, toss together the apples, 4 Tablespoons of brown sugar, caramel sauce, salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Transfer the apple mixture to the baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed Multi-Grain Crisps, gluten-free oats, almond flour, almonds, and the remaining 4 Tablespoons of brown sugar. Mix well.
- Cut the remaining 4 Tablespoons of butter into small pieces and add it to the oats mixture. Using your fingers, rub the mixture together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the apples and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until the apples are tender and the topping is crisp. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if you wish.
- March 24, 2016 at 11:24 pm #462987
Armymomof 2…I’m not familiar with this product — Crunchmaster Original Multi-Grain Crisps. What is it?
- April 14, 2016 at 7:28 pm #463052Its a type of cracker. You can find them in the us, not sure about over seas.
- April 14, 2016 at 11:11 pm #463053
Is this a Walmart product? I googled and it came up with Walmart. I refuse to shop at Walmart…can you recommend a similar product?
- April 15, 2016 at 11:32 am #463056
They are sold at Publix and most likely other grocery stores as well besides walmart. I Googled it before and got Amazon.
- April 17, 2016 at 12:37 am #463060Thanks! I’ll see what I can find. If nothing else, I will try to find a comparable substitute;-D
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.