Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Here’s a gift for newlyweds or a recent graduate: a skillet, crockpot, seasoned breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, can of beef broth, can of sliced mushrooms, a box of cornstarch, a jar of brown gravy, a gift certificate for $5, and the following recipe…
      Salisbury Steak II
      1 lb ground beef
      1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
      1/2 tsp salt
      1/2 tsp pepper
      1 egg
      1 onion, diced
      14-oz can beef broth
      4-oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
      2 tbs cornstarch
      2 tbs water
      1 jar brown gravy
      Mix first 5 ingredients together and shape into patties about 3/4 inches thick.
      Cook patties in a skillet turning once until brown.
      Remove from skillet and place in crockpot.
      Add onion, mushrooms, and beef broth to skillet. Heat to boiling.
      Mix water and cornstarch together to make a paste.
      Add to boiling mixture with a wire whisk and whisk until gravy begins to thicken.
      Add jar gravy (this is optional, but if lots of gravy is desired, then this is a good addition).
      Pour the gravy over the meat patties and cooked on low for at least 3 hours.
      Serve with mashed potatoes if desired.
      Makes 4-6 servings
      :spam1:

This recipe sounds really good and so easy. My husband loves Salisbury Steak. Going to try it soon

Participant

Let us know how you like it! The recipe is quite good and that’s why I thought it might make a great gift from your kitchen. At this time of year we are all strapped for a variety of gifts, I’m a firm believer in ‘teaching a man to fish…’

All of the “gifts” that I’ve offered up like this, I have given. The recipients were all grateful and shared how they have used my gift of giving them a step up;-D

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.