- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated December 9, 2008 at 7:41 pm by .
- September 13, 2008 at 7:32 pm #262784mos
8 small plum tomatoes, sliced
1 1/3 cup thinly sliced bell peppers
2/3 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
4 cups arugula or baby spinach
Mix all and serve with favorite dressing on the side. Save leftovers for the next recipe.
3.4 cup warm water
1 tsp active dry yeast
2 to 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
3/4 tsp salt
1 to 2 tbs cornmeal
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 shredded sharp provolone cheese
Pour water into large bowl; sprinkle with yeast. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until yeast is dossolved. Add 1 cup of the flour, 2 tsp oil and salt. Slowly stir in enough of the remaining flour to form soft dough.Knead dough on lightly floured surface 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and clean towel.
Let rise in warm place 1 hour or until doubled in size. Meanwhile, place baking stone on bottom oven rack. Heat oven to 475 degrees F, for at least 45 minutes.
Gently punch down dough to delate. Place on lightly loured surface. divide into 4 pieces.Roll each piece into 7-inch round. Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza peel or baking sheet. Place dough on peel.
Combine 2 tsp of the oil and garlic. Spread over dough rounds. Top each with the leftover salad, distributing the ingredients evenly among the four.
Sprinkle with cheese. slide pizzas, in batches if necessary, onto baking stone. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and edges.Cut each round into 6 wedges. Slide onto plates. Drizzle pizzas with the remaining 2 tsp oil.
Makes 4 servings.
- December 9, 2008 at 3:50 pm #405799ab2401
This sounds like something my mother might make, I will have to tell her about this one.
- December 9, 2008 at 7:41 pm #405812mosit’s really quite good! making pizza is a good way to use up leftovers. some of the concoctions that I have made sound strange, but turn out to be very good!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.