- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 22, 2007 at 10:08 pm by .
- August 22, 2007 at 10:08 pm #253241
Southwestern Chicken BLT Salad
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:20 min
Salsa Bacon Dressing
1/2 cup Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
1/2 cup refrigerated bacon-flavored dip
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 bag (10 ounces) romaine and leaf lettuce mix
2 packages (6 ounces each) refrigerated cooked Southwest-flavor
chicken breast strips
4 plum (Roma) tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
1/2 cup croutons
1. Mix all Salsa Bacon Dressing ingredients.
2. In large bowl, mix all Salad ingredients. Add dressing; toss until
Prep Time:30 min
Start to Finish:2 hr 30 min
1 bag (10 ounces) ready-to-eat mixed salad greens (6 cups)
8 medium radishes, thinly sliced
5 medium green onions, thinly sliced (5 tablespoons)
2 medium celery stalks, thinly sliced (1 cup)
12 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1 package (10 ounces) frozen green peas, thawed
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or grated Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
1. Place salad greens in large salad bowl. Layer radishes, onions,
celery, bacon and peas on salad greens.
2. Spread mayonnaise over peas, covering top completely and sealing
to edge of bowl. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors but no
longer than 12 hours. Just before serving, toss if desired. Store
covered in refrigerator.
Club Pasta Salad
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:25 min
1 package Suddenly Salad ranch & bacon pasta salad mix
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups cut-up cooked turkey or chicken
1/2 cup cherry tomato, cut into fourths
1/2 cup julienne strips Cheddar cheese
4 cups bite-size pieces lettuce
1. Fill large saucepan 2/3 full of water. Heat to boiling.
contents of Pasta-Vegetable pouch. Gently boil uncovered 15 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until tender.
2. Drain pasta. Rinse with cold water.
Shake to drain well.
3. Stir Seasoning mix and mayonnaise in large bowl. Stir in pasta and
remaining ingredients except lettuce. Serve on lettuce. Refrigerate
leftovers (if desired, moisten with a few teaspoons milk before
Avocado and Tomato Salad
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:2 hr 25 min
6 slices bacon
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 drops red pepper sauce
2 medium avocados, cubed
2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
4 to 6 cups salad greens in bite-size pieces
1. Cook bacon in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, turning
occasionally, until crisp; drain and crumble.
2. Mix oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and red pepper sauce. Pour over
avocados in medium bowl; toss. Stir in bacon, tomatoes and onion.
Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours.
3. Just before serving, place on salad greens, using slotted spoon.
California BLT Tossed Salad
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:15 min
Lemon Ranch Dressing
1/3 cup ranch dressing
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 bag (10 ounces) ready-to-eat American blend salad greens (iceberg
lettuce, romaine, red cabbage, carrots and radishes)
12 slices ready-to-eat cooked bacon, cut into pieces
1 large tomato, cut into wedges
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into wedges
1. Mix all Lemon Ranch Dressing ingredients.
2. In serving bowl, toss salad greens and bacon with dressing until
coated. Garnish with tomato and avocado.
Kelly in IL
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.