3 to 4 oz bacon
      2 eggs
      1-1/2 tsp distilled vinegar
      1 tablespoon table salt
      2 tbs red wine vinegar
      1/2 tsp sugar
      Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
      3-4 cups bitter greens such as arugula or mixed salad greens
      Slice the bacon into pieces about 1×1/4 inches. Add the pieces to a small skillet and place over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove it from the pan and drain on a paper towel, reserving the fat in the skillet.
      Poach the eggs. Place the cooked eggs on a warm plate while you finish the salad.
      If necessary, turn the heat back on under the bacon fat to warm it up. Whisk the vinegar into the warm bacon fat. Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
      Toss the greens and about half of the bacon with the warm dressing. Divide the salad between two plates and top each salad with a poached egg. Sprinkle the remaining bacon over the salads.
      shame smilie

Nice recipe, thanks for posting

Participant

Hope your family likes it!

sounds like a recipe that my sister made…only it was called Wilted lettuce salad…..delicious…

Participant

I can see why your sister called it this! I made a few adjustments to make this recipe my own;-D

This is a delicious salad. I think the eggs would have been better with only 2 minutes cooking time but the flavours work really well together.

Participant

How long did you cook the eggs? I usually cook them 2-3 minutes.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.