Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Salad in a Jar
      In a wide-mouth, qt-sized mason jar, combine 2 tbs light red wine vinaigrette dressing, 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, and 2 tbs chopped red onion.
      Top with 4 oz cooked and chopped skinless chicken breast, 2 tbs reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese, 1 tbs chopped kalamata or black olives, and 2 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce. Cover and refrigerate.
      When ready to eat, give the jar a shake, and flip contents into a medium-large bowl (or eat right from the jar)! Serves 1
      piggy bank

I find jars hard to eat from but I guess that’s because I like to pick things over and eaten certain parts of my salad first. I use inexpensive rubbermaid (maybe they’re ziploc brand??) containers and when I put the dressing on I just put the top back on and shake it until the dressing covers the whole salad.

It’s a little easier to eat out of than the jar, but takes up more room in the fridge.

Participant

lehomy, this was really primarily for folks looking to take a healthy lunch to work. Not that you couldn’t set this up at home with a busy schedule! LOL!

This is something I do to take to workgiggle smiley I don’t bother with a bowl. About 10 min prior to my lunch break, I turn my jar upside down.

Then, I turn it right-side up and eat right out of the jar. I’m always trying to get coworkers to eat healthier and when they see me eat out of a jar…well…you know what comes next. When at home for lunch…I just scoop salad into a bowl from my big, covered salad bowl that I make about every three days and sprinkle on the dressing;-D

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.