- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 9, 2009 at 5:07 pm by .
- September 9, 2009 at 5:07 pm #276112
Roasting brings out the best of veggies in a side dish sized for a crowd.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hour 20 min
Makes: 12 servings (1/2 cup each)
3 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, cut in half lengthwise
2 medium red bell peppers, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
1 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn
1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
4 1/2 cups Green Giant® SELECT® frozen whole green beans
2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix carrots, bell peppers, corn and dressing. Spread in pan. Roast uncovered 30 minutes.
2. Add frozen green beans to vegetable mixture in pan; stir to mix.
3. Roast uncovered 25 to 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with onions and basil; stir gently to mix.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Do not add corn in step 1. Add corn with green beans in step 2.
Special Touch: Add a garnish of fresh basil sprigs.
Health Twist: To reduce fat and calories a bit, use reduced-fat Italian dressing.
1 Serving: Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.