Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dietary Concern Recipes Ridiculously Simple Peanut Butter Cookies

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

1 cup Peanut Butter or NUTELLA
      3/4 Cup Sugar
      1 Egg

Beat ingredients well. Drop onto very lightly greased cookie sheet, press with sugar coated fork creating the classic # mark, and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15* min.

Makes approximately 1.5 dozen cookies

*Baking times may vary with elevation and oven types. When the cookies are golden brown, they are done. They are moist just out of the oven.

I recommend letting them cool.

Photo added by Mods.
      © Can Stock Photo Inc. / chas53

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Avatar for MellowdazeJennifer Green
      Participant

This recipe reminds me of Old Cafeteria Cookies, which is very simple as well. (Though not peanut-butter based) Thanks for sharing!

My Mom made these cookies for us when we were kids and passed the recipe along to us when our kids were born. If you add a tsp of vanilla, you have a smoother flavor and if you add tsp of almond extract, you get a slight cherry flavor. Make different flavored cookies with extracts!

I make these all the time!

You can also make them sugar free by using artificial sweetener (the kind that measures cup for cup like sugar) I have been making them with it for years also and it saves many a diet from a sweet tooth craving!

Yum, gotta try these. Sound like a nice treat to have on hand. Can they be frozen?

Yummy, I just finished my batch of cookies. I used only 1/2 cup of sugar. Perfect!

If you press with the fork lightly no need for more sugar. By the way I figured the calorie count. For each cookie (24) 81 cal.

For those of you counting calories. Thx for the recipe �� I loved that I can skip the flour ��

Also tastes great if you use a half of a cup of sugar!!

They also make peanut butter with honey! U prob add less sugar if u use honey

These cookies sound too easy to be good, but they are! Nice and tender, and because they have no wheat flour in them, can be considered gluten-free!

Add a Hershey kiss to the middle before baking.

omg, thanks for sharing, i just got done making these and they are amazing!! i didn’t think they’d be this good! soft, chewy and omg just freaking awesome!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dietary Concern Recipes Ridiculously Simple Peanut Butter Cookies