- March 3, 2009 at 7:30 pm #271213
Refresh your home with some spring cleaning
After a long winter, the house begins to feel stuffy, cluttered and ready to be cleaned out. Spring cleaning can be a real challenge, but with these helpful tips, it can be a breeze.
- Organize. Put bags and boxes into the rooms you are cleaning out so you have a place to put the things you are not keeping.
- Donate. Give away the things you no longer have use for, or sell them at a garage sale.
- Store. Put away the winter clothing you wont be wearing.
- Revive. Flip your mattress, clean your comforter and wash the rugs. It will make your bedroom feel clean and smell fresh.
- Clean. Wash and scrub floors, deep clean carpets and clean the couches and chairs around the house.
- Clean up. Look up and clean the ceiling fans, light fixtures and curtains. Don’t forget to wash the windows, inside and out.
- Replace. Go through the bathroom and throw away the almost empty bottles and get new ones. Now is a good time to go through your medicine cabinet and throw away expired medications.
- Refresh. Go through the kitchen and throw away old food, almost empty containers and take everything off the shelves. Wipe down the shelves and replace drawer lining.
- Safety. Check the batteries in your smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and check the levels of your fire extinguishers.
- Freshen. Spray your favorite air fresheners, open up your windows or light some candles. Your home will smell as fresh and clean as it looks.
Spring cleaning is a great way to refresh your home. Just remember to clean safely. Don’t try to move heavy things on your own and don’t overwork yourself. If you have dizziness, trouble breathing or pains, stop!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.