- October 18, 2009 at 8:33 pm #277566
Eye Puffiness Easer
2 teaspoons grated raw potato (no skin)Mix well, then apply around the eyes. Cover with cool, damp cotton or gauze for 10 to 15 minutes.
1 teaspoon moisturizer (without urea)
This works due to the potassium in the potato. I discovered this when my husband had welders flash.
- July 31, 2012 at 10:59 am #432313
you want to know what i use? i use preparation h! ok, stop laughing i’m serious.get the clear gel and just dab a little bit over the puffy areas. i put it on as soon as i get out of the shower that way it will be good and dry before i put my makeup on. it doesn’t take much but it is a definite tnt.
p.s. stupid sign alert: make sure you take care not to get it in your eyes.
- August 5, 2012 at 5:01 am #432345this absolutely works! it’s the go-to solution for models and tv folks, etc. i have a makeup artist friend and she swears by it.
a tiny bit takes away all the puffiness. amazing.
- August 6, 2012 at 2:27 pm #432346
Well, this idea does sound a little ‘out there’, but I’m willing to try it…is this remedy ‘brand specific’ or can any brand work?
- August 22, 2012 at 3:31 am #432437Gonna try and ty….I get red puffy eyes every morning
- March 17, 2013 at 6:52 am #437926
I have used this, It really does work.
- May 8, 2013 at 10:20 am #439485
Gonna give this one a try. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
- August 10, 2013 at 11:20 pm #441958I have got to try this, with my allergies, I look awful in the mornings!
- December 30, 2013 at 5:20 am #446857
Just recently got allergies so I am very interested to try this ASAP!
- December 31, 2013 at 2:56 pm #447180
YES! It works!!! It’s been a well known secret to the rich & famous!👍
- January 25, 2014 at 7:51 pm #449114
Gonna have to try this one too! I am tired of my eyes/face looking so bad everyday….thanks for sharing this tip!
- January 29, 2014 at 5:04 pm #449473
If potassium is what reduces puffy eyes, can bananas be substituted for the potatoes?
- February 16, 2014 at 7:56 pm #451037.lol.. i would hope so !!!!!!
- February 18, 2014 at 12:44 am #451103
My eyes are puffy all the time
- May 27, 2014 at 11:19 pm #453692
tHANKS,I am going to try this.
- June 10, 2014 at 10:57 pm #454000i tried this, it worked on one eye, but not the other
- July 26, 2014 at 10:53 pm #456745
Will try. My eyes are always puffy.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.