- October 18, 2009 at 8:33 pm #277566
Eye Puffiness Easer
2 teaspoons grated raw potato (no skin)
1 teaspoon moisturizer (without urea)
Mix well, then apply around the eyes. Cover with cool, damp cotton or gauze for 10 to 15 minutes.
This works due to the potassium in the potato. I discovered this when my husband had welders flash.
- July 31, 2012 at 10:59 am #432313
you want to know what i use? i use preparation h! ok, stop laughing i’m serious.
get the clear gel and just dab a little bit over the puffy areas. i put it on as soon as i get out of the shower that way it will be good and dry before i put my makeup on. it doesn’t take much but it is a definite tnt.
p.s. stupid sign alert: make sure you take care not to get it in your eyes.
- August 5, 2012 at 5:01 am #432345
this absolutely works! it’s the go-to solution for models and tv folks, etc. i have a makeup artist friend and she swears by it.
a tiny bit takes away all the puffiness. amazing.
- August 6, 2012 at 2:27 pm #432346
Well, this idea does sound a little ‘out there’, but I’m willing to try it…is this remedy ‘brand specific’ or can any brand work?
- August 22, 2012 at 3:31 am #432437
Gonna try and ty….I get red puffy eyes every morning
- March 17, 2013 at 6:52 am #437926bleedingaceParticipant
I have used this, It really does work.
- May 8, 2013 at 10:20 am #439485
Gonna give this one a try. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
- August 10, 2013 at 11:20 pm #441958
I have got to try this, with my allergies, I look awful in the mornings!
- December 30, 2013 at 5:20 am #446857
Just recently got allergies so I am very interested to try this ASAP!
- December 31, 2013 at 2:56 pm #447180
YES! It works!!! It’s been a well known secret to the rich & famous!
- January 25, 2014 at 7:51 pm #449114
Gonna have to try this one too! I am tired of my eyes/face looking so bad everyday….thanks for sharing this tip!
- January 29, 2014 at 5:04 pm #449473
If potassium is what reduces puffy eyes, can bananas be substituted for the potatoes?
- February 16, 2014 at 7:56 pm #451037
.lol.. i would hope so !!!!!!
- February 18, 2014 at 12:44 am #451103
My eyes are puffy all the time
- May 27, 2014 at 11:19 pm #453692
tHANKS,I am going to try this.
- June 10, 2014 at 10:57 pm #454000
i tried this, it worked on one eye, but not the other
- July 26, 2014 at 10:53 pm #456745
Will try. My eyes are always puffy.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.