Recycling Christmas Cards

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      rtebalt

What’s the perfect way to recycle Yuletide greeting cards and keep your kids busy on a wintry day? Have them cut their favorite images and details from the cards and then turn them into gift tags or tape them to a window for a cheery display or frame them for Christmas decorations.

wilbe95

You can also cut them into the shapes then use them like a puzzle to try to put back together.

lcove2000

Or you can cut circles on them, bend edges in to make a triangle like shape and glue edges together. I think you need 20 of them to glue them into a ball and make a “new” Christmas ornament. Punch a hole with a hole puncher and add ribbon. They come out looking like pretty balls of color.

HSLINKS

Make new cards, using various scraps of Wall Paper, gift wrap and some cardstock, cut out designs and sentiment and make new cards ..

Ria

rtebalt

More great ideas!!! Thanks!!!! 🙂

Pyxidragon

My son and I make boxes out of our Holiday cards.

You can find the instructions here.

faxonfive

My youngest daughters takes the year before’s Christmas cards and tapes the together and uses them as wrapping for small gifts she gives to her brother and sister….. 🙂

JoAnn

Pyxidragon, Making boxes what a great way to recycle. I like this idea.

rtebalt

These are great ideas too! Now I can’t wait to start receiving Christmas cards!!! 🙂

faxonfive

That is a great idea JoAnn!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.