Recipes that make large quantity – #10 cans

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Recipes that make large quantity – #10 cans

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My husband, in a moment of overly-excited fervor, joined Costco. (He did get a deal, but we are a family of three!)

I saw some foods in #10 cans that had good prices, and I’m wondering if there are recipes that are specifically for turning, say, a #10 can of tomatoes into pasta sauce, or a #10 can of peaches into freeze-able peach cobblers.

Has anyone ever seen such a thing, and if so, will you tell me where to look for it?

Many thanks!

-catinhat

@catinhat 527965 wrote:

My husband, in a moment of overly-excited fervor, joined Costco. (He did get a deal, but we are a family of three!)

I saw some foods in #10 cans that had good prices, and I’m wondering if there are recipes that are specifically for turning, say, a #10 can of tomatoes into pasta sauce, or a #10 can of peaches into freeze-able peach cobblers.

Has anyone ever seen such a thing, and if so, will you tell me where to look for it?

Many thanks!

-catinhat

Many Old-time recipes call for a specific can size but unfortunately they’ve started drastically reducing the can sizes in the grocery stores, cutting out as much as 6 oz from those old-days measurements. I’d be really shocked if a #10 can was still 96 oz like it used to be.

Good point! I’ll have to check the ones I have and see. 😀

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Recipes that make large quantity – #10 cans