Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes F.A.Q Recipe help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by MissDaisy August 14, 2015 at 5:32 pm.

• Author

I badly want to make the pumpkin whoopie pies with cream cheese filling. But here in New Zealand we dont have pumpkin in a tin. So my qiestion is if I cook my own do I need to add anything to the pumpkin & would I use the same measurements as for a tin.

mos
    Participant

The cans of pumpkin that we have here come in two forms — plain pumpkin (pureed) or pumpkin pie, which has spices in it. If the recipe calls for a can of pumpkin, there are no seasonings. If it calls for a can of pumpkin pie, then you’d want to add ingredients like allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

Let us know if this helps…

@wingnutt39 870233 wrote:

I badly want to make the pumpkin whoopie pies with cream cheese filling. But here in New Zealand we dont have pumpkin in a tin. So my qiestion is if I cook my own do I need to add anything to the pumpkin & would I use the same measurements as for a tin.

here’s how to use fresh instead of canned

https://www.budget101.com/recipes/how-substitute-fresh-pumpkin-canned-4818.html

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes F.A.Q Recipe help