- February 11, 2006 at 11:13 pm #235930mosParticipant
Grilled Jerk Chicken with Vegetables
2 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
1 tbsp plus 1 1/2 tsp oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 small onion, cut in thin wedges
1 large red bell pepper, cut in 1/4-in-wide strips
1 large zucchini, cut in 2 x 1/4-in sticks
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix jerk seasoning and 1 tbsp oil in a sturdy ziptop bag. Add chicken; turn to coat.
Heat a stovetop ridged grill pan over mediu heat or heat oven broiler.
2. Remove chicken from bag. Grill (or broil) 4 to 5 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through.
Remove to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper, saute 4 minutes until almost crisp-tender.
Add zucchini; saute vegetables 3 minutes. Season with salt.
4. Slice the chicken and serve with lime wedges and the vegetables.
Makes 4 servings.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.