- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated June 10, 2013 at 8:19 pm by .
- May 17, 2013 at 8:44 pm #318542
Would love a simple and cheap recipe for butter. Salted of course..but must really be good. Anyone have a good one? Thanks Char:
- May 18, 2013 at 3:49 am #439673
I posted a butter recipe (15 minutes in your kitchenaid mixer and 2 ingredients — unless you want to add more ingredients) — check the MYO forum here.
- June 10, 2013 at 8:19 pm #440007
I like to make Lemon Butter.
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 cup cold water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons butter
To make it, just combine sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest, cold water and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat, continue stirring. After the mixture thickens and bubbles, continue to heat and stir for another two minutes.
Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the butter. Serve warm drizzled over corn or potatoes, chicken, pasta, etc. It’s very good.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.