- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated March 20, 2008 at 2:20 am by .
- March 20, 2008 at 2:20 am #256754Guest
Just made this tonight for the family and it was delicious!!!
2 tsp. Olive Oil1 sm. onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped/minced
1 qt. tomato juice (low sodium)1 sm. potato, cut into chunks
1 carrot, cut into chunks
1 celery stalk, sliced (incl. top)2 tsp Italian Herbs
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup alphabet pasta or other small pasta (shells, etc.)1 cup finely chopped greens (spinach, kale, collard)
1 15-oz can kidney beans, including liquid
1. Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion & garlic. Cook over med-highheat until onion is soft, about 5 mins.
2. Add tomato juice through pepper. Cover and simmer until tender,
about 20 mins.3. Add pasta through beans in liquid. Simmer until greens & pasta
are tender, about 15 mins.
NOTE: YOu may add extra tomato juice or water if thinner soup is desired.Source: PCRM.ORG
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.