- This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated November 30, 2008 at 1:16 am by .
- November 25, 2008 at 7:42 am #267050
Do you use a real tree or an artificial tree for the holidays?
- November 25, 2008 at 10:52 am #404544
The past five years I’ve had a small artificial tree just because of having small kids in the house. But next year they’ll be four and six I’ll probably go back to a real one because I love the smell.
- November 25, 2008 at 12:12 pm #404554
I love real trees, but I got a gorgeous 7′ artificial tree for $10 two summers ago at a yard sale, so that’s what we’ll use for many years to come.
- November 25, 2008 at 12:23 pm #404555
Since Christmas has become so commercial, stressful, and artificial it is appropriate that I use an artificial tree.
- November 25, 2008 at 2:12 pm #404570
:hysterical: mcnerd you made me laugh! Thank you. Christmas has become very commercial.
Hope you have a stress-free holiday.
- November 25, 2008 at 2:54 pm #404572
We always get a real one -free cedar tree out of the ditch or someones pasture – Sometimes they are not perfect , but the smell is so awsome -Bobbi -ne
- November 26, 2008 at 12:23 am #404066
I do love the smell of fresh pine in the fields or woods. But inside it’s just too over powering. But when the boys were younger I always had a fresh tree.
One less mess now to clean up Lolll.
- November 26, 2008 at 12:58 am #404584
Which one is better for a house with cats?
- November 26, 2008 at 7:00 am #404659
We have always used a artificial tree but this year we are buying a real tree !!!
- November 26, 2008 at 7:48 am #404669
mdowdy, cats like trees and it doesn’t seem to matter if it is a real or artificial one. Guess it depends more on which one you like picking up more often LOL.
- November 28, 2008 at 4:02 pm #404793
My husband wants to get a real tree every year and every year I end up pulling the artificial one out because it’s taking him too long to go get one! LOL
- November 29, 2008 at 3:05 am #404832
Only a real one ever gets used at my house. Every year I say, I think I’ll buy an artificial, it has to be easier. But then we don’t get to go and search for the perfect tree.
Plus I love the Frasiers and I have never seen an artificial that even compares. I really don’t have the patience to “shape” an artificial tree
- November 30, 2008 at 1:16 am #404900
It’s been 25 years or longer since we’ve used a real tree. We put ours up so early that we were afraid that the real one would be brown so hubby decided that we need the artificial one. But I do love the smell of the real one.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.