- July 5, 2012 at 11:19 pm #307389
To make the quinoa:
1 cup quinoa, soaked in water for 5 minutes
2 cups stock-(whatever you have on hand)
1 cup fresh mushrooms-chopped
1 small tomato-chopped
1/2 small bell pepper-chopped
1 cup zucchini-shredded
1/2 small onion-minced
1 garlic clove-grated/minced
1/4 cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds *optional*
handful of fresh herbs-(basil, parsley, thyme, cilantro, etc – whatever you have on hand)
s and p-to tasteDRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!
1. Drain and rinse the quinoa to remove the bitter flavors from the outer coating.
2. Add all the ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil.
Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
To make the cakes:DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2-3 tbsp cooking oil
1. Stir in the eggs and bread crumbs into the quinoa mixture.
2. Form into little cakes/patties.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Add oil to a heavy bottomed skillet. Heat oil for medium high heat.DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!
Pan fry the cakes a couple minutes each side until the outside is crispy and light golden brown.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.