Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Quickie No Yeast Dinner Rolls

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

In keeping with trying to make some “diy” homemade “mixes” for my niece heading back to college, I thought these would be an easy treat. I made some little “hot roll mixes” from this by adding powdered milk to the other dry ingredients instead of making her have to supply milk.

Quick-n-Easy No Yeast Dinner Rolls:

1 Cup Flour
      1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
      1/2 tsp of salt
      1/2 Cup milk
      2 Tablespoons Mayo (or 2 Packets from a fast food place!)

In a bowl or Ziploc bag, Combine all of the ingredients, then spoon the dough into a greased muffin pan. (This part is where the Ziploc bag comes in handy, mix everything in the bag, snip off the corner and squeeze the dough into the pan) Throw out the bag, no dishes! Makes 4 rolls

Bake in a preheated Bake 375˚F oven for 18-20 minutes or till done and golden brown.

To make a Make Ahead Mix for a college student:

In a Ziploc bag combine:
      1 Cup Flour
      1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
      1/2 tsp of salt
      1 1/2 Tbs Powdered Milk
      Add: 2 Fast Food Mayonnaise packets to the top:

To make, remove the mayo packets, empty them into the mix, add 1/2 cup Water, seal the bag and scrunch it up to mix it all together, cut the corner off the bag and squeeze the dough into greased muffin tins (or aluminum muffin liners) and bake as directed above.

Makes 4-5

Alternatives:
      If these are too plain for you, make Italian ones by adding: 1 tsp. of garlic powder, 1 tsp. of crushed rosemary and 1 tsp.

of italian seasoning

or

add 1 tsp Chipotle Pepper Seasoning

or

For Breakfast Rolls: add 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbs raisins, 1 tsp sugar

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Does the pan need to be greased or buttered before adding the dough?

FreebieQueen

@rusty2rusty 1069748 wrote:

Does the pan need to be greased or buttered before adding the dough?

I usually do, my pans are older and things tend to stick otherwise.

Liss
      Keymaster

We like to brush these with Italian Garlic butter just prior to baking and again once they come out of the oven.

1 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour
      3/4 cup milk
      3 Tablespoons Mayo or 3 Packets from a fast food place!

Combine all of the ingredients, then spoon the dough into a greased muffin pan.

Makes 6 rolls

Bake in a preheated Bake 375˚F oven for 18-20 minutes or till done and golden brown.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Quickie No Yeast Dinner Rolls