Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Quicky Star Pastry- this is my favorite go to recipe for impressing guests…

you’ll need 2 pie crusts (sets)- 4 crusts in all, place one pie crust on a piece of parchment paper on a pizza pan, spread melted butter all over the rolled out crust, repeat, sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar, place the top on the crust, slice with a pizza cutter as shown in the photo then twist the pieces as shown. Bake at 350F for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes a lovely light pastry snack.

OR

You can use sweet bread dough, rolled out very thin and use 2 layers. You’ll need to bake it at 350F for 30-40 minutes.

OR

You can use a double batch of biscuit dough, roll them out like a pie crust, repeat the steps above, creating layers. You want them to be thin- like a pie crust. This one tastes the best, in my opinion, but isn’t as easy as using store bought pie crusts. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes

OR

You can use puff pastry dough (you only need 2 layers with puff pastry because it puffs up ALOT!) Here’s a recipe for homemade puff pastry: https://www.budget101.com/make-your-own/homemade-puff-pastry-4494.html

#Budget101 #Pastry #Star #YUM #CinnamonFlakes #CinnamonPastry

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      mos
      Participant

Oh…it just looks too pretty to eat! Just kidding! I’d dive into that in a second!

LOL!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.