Quick, Easy & Healthy Meal Ideas Needed

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Quick, Easy & Healthy Meal Ideas Needed

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Please, what is “S&P”???? salt and pepper?

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 7:50 AM, armstrca <charlotte.a.armstrong@nasa.gov> wrote:

11pt;color: teal;”>This is 45 mins… but still quick.

10pt;color: teal;”>I got this from the More with Less (Mennonite) cookbook. It isn't hard and doesn't have a lot of ingredients.

10pt;color: teal;”>
      5-6 small – med potatoes – peeled and diced to about 1/2 an inch square (small dice)
      1/2 stick of butter
      S&P
      1/2 c milk (I used FF 1/2 and 1/2 ) *** not in the recipe – I added the milk

1/4 cup flour
      ~~Optional – for garnish~~
      Shredded Cheddar cheese
      Real bacon bits
      Chopped green onions
      Sour cream
      Put the potatoes in a pot and boil them for about 30 mins. Then while these are cooking, using about 2 tbsp of butter, chop up an onion and cook until tender (or can add to the cooking potatoes and not sauté them). Add the rest of the 1/2 a stick of butter to the cooked onions and/or the flour. Cook until it is a golden color (the flour has browned a bit). Add the milk, then add that mixture to the cooked potatoes and the S&P – don't drain the water. Cook for a few minutes until it has thickened. (if not thick enough, put a heaping tbsp of flour in a small container, add some water and shake until well mixed. Dump into the soup pot and whisk like a daemon until it has thickened).

Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of cheese. I also put the green onions on mine as well as the bacos, too.

11pt;color: teal;”>

10pt;font-family: Tahoma;”>From: 10pt;font-family: Tahoma;”> Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Monica

Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:31 AM
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Budget101.com : Quick, Easy & Healthy Meal Ideas Needed

Hi all! I am looking for ideas for super-fast, easy and HEALTHY meal ideas for those days when dinner absolutely needs to be on the table in less than 30 minutes. A lot of what I find out there are not quick

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Quick, Easy & Healthy Meal Ideas Needed