Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Questions about getting rid of all credit cards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

You can get though without a credit card. Except for reserving hotel rooms and

cars, you should be fine. I say except for those two instances, because most

places will reserve EXTRA ($100- $300) usually over the actual price of the room

or car rental “just in case”. If they do that to your debit card (checking

account), those funds are not usable by you until the freeze is lifted and your

checks that are out there will bounce, and you will incur fees.

We are at the point where we plan out how much money we need to use for the pay

period and take it out in cash. We get it, spend it and then stop spending.

This includes buying gas, groceries, etc.

If we need larger amounts, say to pay a bill, like the electric bill and don’t

want to carry that large amount of money on us, we get a bank check (they don’t

bounce) OR we pay the bill electronically (also, will not go through if the

funds are not available = no fees incurred). Those d*mned fees are about $35-50

for each instance). Bank checks – the first 2 or 3 are totally free each month;

the rest are $2 each. Much less expensive than “automatic overdraft” rip-off

protection (charge me $35 to save me the embarrassing situation of being denied

a purchase) – yeah right!!!!!!!!!!

do without the credit cards. do without the debit cards. there are ways.

i

refuse to take money into the street and burn it (pay bank fees).

all the best,

herlean

“opportunity may knock once on your door. temptation leans against the

doorbell.” – unknown

“never believe you don’t have what it takes.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Questions about getting rid of all credit cards