Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Question about Pinto Beans and Crockpot

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
      Quote:
      <
      Thank you Marva, That sounds simple enough. Except I am starting out kind of late. Maybe I should do this tomorrow morning?

I was thinking about having them for supper around 7 tonight, if at all possible.>

Lisa,
      Not in the crock pot, but just throw them in a regular pot, again cover with about three inches of water, turn the burner on high and bring to boil, once they start to boil, turn them down so that they stay somewhere between a simmer and a boil. Stir every now and then and check the water level periodically. It will take about 2 hours to cook them this way.

I never soak my beans except for soybeans or unless I am canning them. After the beans are soft you can add salt and a little oil if you like. Do not add anything acid, or salt to your beans until they are the consistancy that you want (soft) otherwise they won’t cook right.

hth
      Marva

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Question about Pinto Beans and Crockpot