question about cell phones / safety

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List question about cell phones / safety

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

when cellphones were still pretty new, my sister got my niece one. One night her

and her girlfriend were driving and were being followed by a guy in a car who

tried to get them to pull over. The girls were able to call the police from the

cell phone. The police told them what street to turn down and when they did they

were met by 3 cop cars and the man was pulled over. I don’t know what ever

happened or what the guy’s intentions were but thank God it ended safely for the

girls. Things can and do happen. They aren’t always this dramatic, but cars do

break down or get flats. I like knowing my daughters will be able to call for

help and remain safely in their car until it arrives.

Can’t put a pricetag on that.

=====================

Date: 2008/02/13 Wed AM 09:28:45 CST

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Subject: Budget101.com : question about cell phones / safety

I’m surprised it has that many, LOL. They are a safety factor. When I was

starting to drive, many years ago, you had a problem, people would stop and help

you, and you could accept that help. Nowadays, no one will help, and you are

afraid to let anyone help because of all the weirdos….thanks, I will keep my

phones.

Thomas & Tracy Harris

TNT Quarter Horses home of:

TNTS Jack Be Blue – 2004 AQHA Buckskin Stallion

TNTS Medicine Man – 2005 AQHA Perlino Stallion

[url][/url]
      Original Message

donnalawn@verizon.net To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday,

February 13, 2008 7:53 AM Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Intro and question

about cell phones

My husband is a truck driver too and I feel much better knowing he has this

phone with him as he drives at night. Our plan has free nights and weekends so

he doesn’t use hardly any minutes at all.

My oldest daughter just passed her written test for her driver’s learners

permit. More now than ever, I feel good about her having a phone on her. Our

town has ONE payphone, thats it!

Donna

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List question about cell phones / safety