- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated June 3, 2012 at 1:35 am by .
- June 2, 2012 at 12:49 am #306452
1 tbsp evoo
1 pkg Quesadilla Casserole Mix*
1 lb ground beef or meat of choice
1 (4 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (10 oz) can Rotel
1 (15 oz) can black beans-drained and rinsed
1 can Mexi corn-drained
1 cup onion-chopped
1/2 bell pepper-chopped
6 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded pepper jack or cheddar cheese
1. Brown meat, onion, and bell pepper in oil on me high heat in a large heavy bottomed skillet; Drain. Add Rotel, tomato sauce, beans, and corn; mix well.
Stir in Quesdilla Casserole Mix.* Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; Simmer 5 minutes.
2. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish. Spread 1/2 cup of mixture on bottom.
Top with 3 tortillas; overlapping as needed. Layer with 1/2 of the remaining mixture and 1/2 of the the cheese. Repeat again until all is used, ending with cheese on top.
3. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- June 3, 2012 at 12:58 am #431984
Yum! This sounds delicious, I’ll have to add this to the upcoming menu. Thank you for sharing 🙂
- June 3, 2012 at 1:35 am #431982
You’re very welcome! 🙂
Hope you guys like it as much as we did.
I’ve used shrimp, chicken, and ground beef in this. ((Whatever I had on hand and what was cheapest)) 😉 All turned out tasty.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.