Query–Lose Weight

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Angie — When I find myself in the same predicament, the most effective method I have found is an old tried and true method — to count calories. I got a calorie counting book at the library. This way I can still eat pretty much what my family eats, except in abit smaller quantity. I treat my calories as a budget –only 1,200/day and get terrific results.I failthfully write down EVERYTHING that crosses my lips in a blank checkbook register and tally the “points” (calories) daily.It becomes a game to stretch my calories by making better dietary choices to prevent hunger — you can eat quite a bit of healthy produce for very few calories. Additionally, I cut out carbonated beverages, push water, and take a multivitamin daily. As far as exercise, a pedimeter is a terrific investment. I try for 10,000 steps a day. My husband tried this method the first 6 months we were married and lost 52#.He said it was easier and more effective than anything else he had ever tried to control his weight. Frankly, I agree . . . it may not be glamorous, but it certainly works 🙂 Good Luck!

Anggie Thompson wrote: What do YOU do to lose a couple of pounds quickly? I am in a desperate state where ALL of my clothes have shrunk……….that’s
      my story, and I’m sticking to it. Budget doesn’t have room in it to buy a bigger size. What can I do, safely, to drop those pounds? I am walking on pretty days, 1-2 miles if time allows during my lunch hour.

Anggie
      Fight Breast cancer……no one should die from it

Be a PS3 game guru.
      Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.