Query–Lose Weight

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I realize that lower carb diets are no longer “in vogue” now, however that does not negate their ability to help you lose weight effectively. Before Atkins, it was impossible to lose weight. I was exercising counting calories, lowering my fat intake, EVERYTHING, but I was not losing weight, I was gaining weight!

I have been low carbing for years, using Atkins. Not up and down, I am just a slow loser.With exercise and Atkins,I have lost 89 lbs. I have gone from a size 26-28 to a size 16. I was over 260 lbs. I am now 171. I still have a way to go, but I know that I am healthier than I have ever been, even when I was smaller than a size 16. I also have more energy than I have had in years.

Yes, I still eat carbohydrates, I just receive them from vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, collard greens, onions, garlic, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, leafy greens, brussel sprouts, etc…Well, you get the understanding. I also eat some fruits, especially berries. Mainly, I do not eat items sweetened with sugar, potatoes, rice, pasta (except for Dreamfields brand). I still have a daily intake rich with vitamins and fiber.

April

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.