- March 23, 2009 at 9:21 pm #271860mosParticipant
Pumpkin Banana Bread:092:
3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 can (16 oz) Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
2/3 cup water
3 well ripened bananas, mashed
Directions: Combine all ingredients, except water. Mix well. Slowly add water and mix until well blended.
Pour into two prepared 9×5 loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and turn out on rack to cool.
- March 23, 2009 at 10:09 pm #418213
Sounds really good. Thanks.
- March 25, 2009 at 2:40 am #418300
This recipe sounds delish!! Thank you Mos! I’m going to try it this weekend and if I like it, might bring a loaf in to work on Monday.
- March 25, 2009 at 10:38 pm #418399mosParticipant
oh I hope you like it and it is rather healthy…good source of fiber and vitamin A! LOL! any excuse to have a slice;-)
- March 26, 2009 at 4:30 am #418432
How true! Plus, I could eat anything with pumpkin in it every day of my life. I love the pumpkin!!
- March 27, 2009 at 11:01 pm #418571
I can’t wait to try this also, pumpkin makes breads so moist and to add banana to it. Ican’t wait.
thanks for the recipe
- March 28, 2009 at 1:15 pm #418582
Sounds amazing. This should be a very moist bread, gotta make this one for sure. Thanks Mos for another great recipe.