- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated November 2, 2008 at 7:43 pm by .
- October 31, 2008 at 9:12 pm #265594
2 cans (15 oz each) 100% pure pumpkin
2 cups applesauce
2⁄3 cup packed light-brown sugar
11⁄2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1. Stir all ingredients in a heavy, medium saucepan until blended. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring often to prevent scorching, 30 minutes, or until mixture is very thick.
3. Cool, spoon into containers, cover and refrigerate.
Planning Tip: Can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
- November 1, 2008 at 1:39 am #402218
This is really good. I had Pumpkin Apple Butter for the first time –about a month ago.
I’m going to make this one Sunday. Thanks
- November 1, 2008 at 2:21 pm #402231
Cool! Let me know how it goes! 🙂
- November 1, 2008 at 2:43 pm #402237
I have made Apple butter before but never with pumpkins…sounds good..
- November 2, 2008 at 6:52 pm #402362
Can you can it like I do apple Butter?
- November 2, 2008 at 7:06 pm #402373
I would think so. I’d think it would last about as long as apple butter does, but I’m not sure.
- November 2, 2008 at 7:43 pm #402377
Oh yes can it up. rtebalt you are right on this one. has anyone canned pumpkin ?
I had a friend some time ago do this–but she lost her recipes in moving. With all these pumpkins out here right now— It would come in handi.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.