Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      mos
      Participant

I got this from my niece and it is the perfect host/hostess gift for a summer get together! She made pitchers of the drinks for her parents 40th anniversary party that she surprised them with. She presented each person with a card with the recipes as she filled the first glass.

Of course, you do need to know the beverage drinking preferences of the host/hostess.
      Provençal Syrup
      12-oz can frozen 100% Concord grape juice, thawed
      6 oz pomegranate juice
      1/4 cup water
      3 tbs herbes de Provence (see note)
      2 tbs sugar
      1 tbs coarse salt
      Combine all ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low to low.

Simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors, being careful not to let syrup boil over. Cool. Strain syrup.

Refrigerate. (Syrup can be made 2 weeks ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
      Note — herbes de Provence
      3 tbs dried marjoram
      3 tbs dried thyme
      3 tbs dried savory
      1 tsp dried basil
      1 tsp dried rosemary
      1/2 tsp dried sage
      1/2 tsp fennel seeds
      Combine marjoram, thyme, savory, basil, rosemary, sage, and fennel.

Mix well and spoon into a tightly-lidded jar. Store in a cool, dark place up to 4 months.
      Beverages —
      Provençal Citrus Cooler:
      Fill tall glass with ice. Add 1.5 oz citrus vodka, orange vodka or gin, or 1/2 shot citrus vodka and 1/2 shot of gin.

Add 2 oz thawed frozen lemonade concentrate. Fill with cold sparkling water. Stir in 1 tbs Provençal Syrup.

Garnish with lemon slice and fresh herbs.
      Provençal Lemonade:
      Fill tall glass with ice. Add 3 oz thawed frozen lemonade concentrate. Fill with cold sparkling water.

Stir in 1 tbs Provençal Syrup. Garnish with lemon slice and fresh herbs.
      (Her recommendation is to make the syrup, pour it into a jar, and include recipe cards to make the syrup and both drinks.)
      FYI from me — you can use herbes de Provence to season meat of veggies. You can also make the beverages in Virgin style…still very tasty;-D
      mornincoffee smilie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.