Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I use Price Cost Sheets/Pages that I keep in a binders.
      I tried the index card method and my kids kept getting them out and writting on them. 🙄 gotta love them.
      I have a binder for each store we use. (3)
      Inside each are the following sheets:
      Frozen items
      Meat
      Dairy
      Produce
      Baking Items
      Canned/Prepared
      Grains/Pasta
      Condiments
      Paper Products
      Personal Care
      Laundry
      Auto
      Miscellaneous

On Each sheet is the following columns:
      Date
      Store (just incase it get moved)
      Brand/Size
      Price
      Unit Price- price per .lb .oz etc….

When I get back from shopping- before putting anything away-
      I take the binders out and add everything to it. That way I am not running around the kitchen looking for something.
      Grab your reciept sit/stand and add then check it off the reciept as you add it to the price page it falls under. When done then put items away and go back and figure out Unit Price.

Before shopping take your shopping list that you made from your weekly, bi weekly (us) or monthly recipes and make your list. If you use your computer it will make it easier than having to write everything down and you can proof it before printing. Check ads against your price sheets and add the cheapest items. If you use coupons add it on there you have a coupon by using a capital C and adding to your list. Since I use coupons also. I use a coupon binder with index cards. It has two sections one with the following-
      Frozen items
      Meat
      Dairy
      Produce
      Baking Items
      Canned/Prepared
      Grains/Pasta
      Condiments
      Paper Products
      Personal Care
      Laundry
      Auto
      Miscellaneous
      and the other has them listed as above & by the exp date as sub-cats.
      When you go to the store you’ll take your list & coupon binder. If you did all your work at home. You should be able to remove the coupon(s) as you add the item to your cart and put with the list. Make sure to have an envie stapled or paper clipped to it so you don’t lose any of your coupons.
      Once you get the hang of it, it’s easy and the cashier will love you for being so organized. You’ll love it because of the money you’ll save.
      To get the coupon dates you can use a website like
      https://customcoupon.com/organizer/

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.