- April 23, 2003 at 9:31 am #237538
I’m putting together a price book and trying to learn how to use it and was wondering if some one could answer a couple of questions or tell me how to use this thing.
Do I write down the regular prices or just sale prices?
Do I write down all the prices from all the stores around me, or just the cheapest price I come across.
In a grocery sales flyer, is it true that the first page are the sale items and the rest of the pages are there regular prices?
- January 9, 2009 at 2:51 am #408928This is a great idea. I had thought about a price book but this post helped me see why i have to have one. Mission number 1 cutting down on groceries and maybe I wont have to shave some of the other stuff.
Not because I have to but because it is another way of saving money.
- October 18, 2011 at 11:08 am #430316
Wow!! Having a working price book really can in the end save me money. I am going to get started on this right away.
- October 20, 2011 at 4:02 pm #430327Well just a little update.. I didnt just start a price book but I started a coupon book, a price book as well as a household notebook. I am not a very organized individual and I now see just how much money Icould save vs.
how much I waste on a daily basis on many things that could easily be either made at home a lot cheaper and if I need to buy it I can use coupons. I actually never cut coupons before so this is all new territory to me. I feel like if I can save any amount of money, it is worth the effort I have put in to it.
- June 12, 2012 at 7:30 pm #432037
I’ve been wanting to do a price book, but really, I’m a little lazy about this sort of thing…and because I have very poor vision, it’s hard to use spreadsheetsw and writing things out big enough for me to see woulod have me lugging around a hige binder every timeIshop But in a moment of inspiration, I discovered there’s a free app on iTunes to do just this. And since I’ll be doing my shopping tomorrow, what a perfect time to give it a try! It’s called “Best Price Book” if anyone is interested.
- August 22, 2012 at 11:44 pm #432470I don’t have a price book. I’m not really sure how a price book works, I definitely need to look into it. But…
I have the app on my phone called “out of milk”, its free and you can create a grocery list and include things like quantity and price. I use it to keep from going over budget. It’s a battery sucker though, I usually have to plug my phone in when I get back to the car.
It’s worth it though.
- March 10, 2013 at 7:58 pm #437784I dont have a price book but I do keep a mental note of what I want to pay per item e.g. if I find toilet rolls for 25p or less per roll I will bulk buy them. Kitchen roll 50p per roll.
- June 16, 2013 at 12:20 am #440055
I’m downloading the out of milk app on my phone right now. I can’t wait to try it next week when I do my groceries.
- February 20, 2014 at 11:26 pm #451235
- February 21, 2014 at 11:45 am #451254FreebieQueenModerator
- April 7, 2014 at 4:41 pm #452974I’m new to this site and saw this thread talking about the organized home printables. I have been trying to print out the printables and can’t get it to print I am i doing something wrong or do I need to sing up on this web page. Help me please I really want to use these downloads
- April 7, 2014 at 5:43 pm #452980LissKeymaster
@Ktemple 465164 wrote:
If you’re trying to print from a site other than Budget101.com – You’ll have to seek help at that particular site. If you need assistance printing something from this site, you may find this link helpful:
I’m new to this site and saw this thread talking about the organized home printables. I have been trying to print out the printables and can’t get it to print I am i doing something wrong or do I need to sing up on this web page. Help me please I really want to use these downloads
Most of our Free Printables are located under the “downloads” tab here:Downloads – Budget101.com
There are a limited number of downloads allowed per day for those with only 1 or 2 posts though!
- April 7, 2014 at 5:57 pm #452982
thank you for the info I’ll keep trying, I’ll figure it out eventually
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.