Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Price Book…in this economy, why bother?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I had to throw away my price book, I could not keep up with the rising prices.

(It was a spiral notebook and I ran out of space to write the new prices)

Everytime I went to the store (twice a month, sometimes more) the prices had

gone up. It would be useless in my opinion to even attempt a price book at this

time with food cost constantly rising. I know I can only get half of what I use

to be able to get for the same amount of money here in OK! I found a Sara Lee

Bakery where I can get the whole wheat bread for a dollar a loaf, which I

believe is because it is right next to their local bakery here in OK and I found

at Aldi’s I can get a dozen eggs for .99. Thank God we still have one child on

WIC or we would have to give up milk or at least cut way down. I gave up my 33

year diet dr. pepper habit after it came to food or dp. We also cut down on

cheese since it is now almost $4 a pound for the store brand. We have not

bought red meat since the last outbreak of bad meat but hubby was really

starting to crave it again and I almost passed out in the store when I saw the

cost of it! He can continue his cravings!!! It is getting really bad out there!

We are a family of 5 and I can barely keep our food budget under $400 a month.

One of our local news stations pointed out the manufactures are also changing

their products. I think one of the examples of mayo went from 32oz to 30oz but

the price is the same. They stopped putting as many chips in the bags, but the

packaging is undectable so unless you are looking at the exact amount of

product, most people would not recognize the change.

Hubby is a HUGE meat eater, he has to have meat with a meal, and I try to

accomodate him since he works so hard but it is getting harder and harder to do.

What is everyone else doing at the grocery store to make your food dollars

stretch? I would love to get a top 5 or top 10 list started!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Price Book…in this economy, why bother?