- October 3, 2012 at 6:35 pm #310250
i just had a friend give me 50 lbs of potatoes. She said the best way to have them keep is put them in a cool place, wrap about 5 or 6 of them at a time in newspaper and place them in a crate. once they are all in the, cover them with cedar chips. The cedar chips will keep the pests out.
- October 3, 2012 at 8:10 pm #433629
That’s a very good tip. Thanks for sharing.
- October 3, 2012 at 8:18 pm #433630
yea great tip! i store mine in my basement in small baskets that are holey, so the air can circulate around, ive never used the cedar chips, think i” give them a try
- October 5, 2012 at 1:21 am #433666
Think I’m gonna have to start saving my newspapers again to try this trick!
Thanks for sharing this neat tip.
- October 8, 2012 at 5:15 pm #433746
Do you suppose cedar dust would work? Instead of chips, I mean. My husband refinished my cedar swing and I have a bucket of the leftovers.
- October 29, 2012 at 12:41 am #434270
Thanks for sharing, this is a great tip!
- November 2, 2012 at 2:43 pm #434411
This is great. I recently wanted to buy a 50# bag that was on sale but I didnt not know how to keep them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.