- March 11, 2007 at 1:55 pm #238683BiggerPiggyBankParticipant
Prawns in Ginger Coconut Sauce HT MC 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Shellfish Seafood Main Course
2 tbsp freshly grated Ginger
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tbsp Ground Turmeric
1 Red Chili Pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
2 tbsp Peanut Oil
2 Onions, chopped
450g/1lb Raw King Prawns (shrimp)
2 Tomatoes, chopped
180ml/6fl.oz. Coconut Milk
2 teasp Black Pepper
2 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander
1. Place the ginger, garlic, turmeric, chili pepper, and vinegar in food
processor or liquidiser and process until it forms a smooth paste.
2. Heat the peanut oil in a large pan or wok until hot, add the onions and
spice paste and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until they change colour
then add the tomatoes, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the coconut milk, reduce the heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes
5. Add the black pepper and chopped coriander and cook for a further 2
minutes. Serve hot.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.