Budget101 Discussion List Archives Pantry Chat powdered butter?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by MrsPaws May 5, 2013 at 8:40 pm.

• Author

BiggerPiggyBank
    Participant

I’m new here by a few months now and I was surprised that powdered
    butter existed.I’m from Canada and I was wondering if anyone knows if it
    is available here.A product like that would save a family
    money if you buy it instead of butter to be used in baking,etc.This is a
    great group to belong to; there is so much to be learned here.

Tauruswoman

Butter buds is good but a little too expensive for me 🙂

Check this link for information about powdered butter (not the Buds).
    https://www.usaemergencysupply.com/information_center/butter_powder.htm

great staple to have for home stockpiles, along with powdered eggs and other powdered foods.

Thanks McNerd….usefull site full of information!!!

I’m guilty, I use it on my popcorn. No greasey fingers that way, and it taste like butter.

Me too. The powder sticks to the hot popcorn and I toss the popcorn in the bowl like a saute pan.

I get it form Honeyville Grain. I like them because not only are their prices reasonable but they ship my entire order for $4.49 no matter how much I get or how many boxes they have to send. (that’s anywhere in the US for shipping rate)
    Powdered Dried Whole Eggs – Freeze Dried Fruit – Blanched Almond Flour – Steel C – Search

@tsgal 97415 wrote:

I’m guilty, I use it on my popcorn. No greasey fingers that way, and it taste like butter.

That’s a great idea!

I’ve never heard of any of this. I will defiantly be looking into it. I just bought my first box of powdered milk and I was surprised with how quickly we went through it.

Shannon

I use the butter powder. It can be reconstituted with water. You use it as you would real butter.

I also use it in my baking mixes for long term storage. I purchase it from Honeyville | Leader in Food Storage & Baking Ingredients in a #10 can, last forever.

Liss
    Keymaster

@okladie 291756 wrote:

I use the butter powder. It can be reconstituted with water. You use it as you would real butter. I also use it in my baking mixes for long term storage. I purchase it from Honeyville in a #10 can, last forever.

We buy ours through Amazon & it only takes 2 days with free prime shipping. Powdered Butter – Amazon It’s the same price as Honeyville’s website, (after shipping costs are figured in) but it arrives a lot quicker. We get our powdered peanut butter (for mix recipes) from amazon as well.

@liss 291935 wrote:

We buy ours through Amazon & it only takes 2 days with free prime shipping. Powdered Butter – Amazon it’s the same price as honeyville’s website, (after shipping costs are figured in) but it arrives a lot quicker. we get our powdered peanut butter (for mix recipes) from amazon as well.

i think the only powdered ingredient like these, that i’ve used, would be powdered milk…i’ve thought about buying some of them, but i honestly wouldn’t know what to do with most of them…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Pantry Chat powdered butter?