11/2 cups Sugar
      3 Eggs
      1 1/2 cups sifted Cake Flour
      1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
      pinch of salt
      1/2 cup Milk
      1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
      1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

In a mixing bowl cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating mixture after each addition. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; add this to the creamed mixture.

Mix well. Add in milk and with an electric mixer beat for 5 minutes on medium speed. Stir in extracts.

Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch loafpan. Bake at 325 degree F for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes; remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.

Enjoy! Thanks; Virginia

Oooh! Love pound cake!!!! Thanks!!!!

Virginia
      Thank you ever so much for the recipe!!! I can’t wait to make this. I have everything but the cake flour.

I love pound cake. Have a blessed day all!

Hugs,
      Syndy
      :occasion16::039:

If you don’t have Cake Flour but do have All-Purpose Flour and Cornstarch here is a substitute for you.

1 cup of All-Purpose Flour minus 2 Tablespoons plus 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch is a substitute for Cake Flour.

The easiest way to do this substitution is to put 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch in the bottom of a 1-cup measuring cup, then fill the cup as usual with all-purpose flour and level top. Sift 3 times. (This 1 cup equals 1 cup of sifted cake flour.) And for 1/2 cup of cake flour, put 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch in bottom of a 1/2 cup measuring cup, then fill, level the top and sift.

(This 1/2 cup equals 1/2 cup of sifted cake flour.)

Just a note: If your recipe calls for sifted flour (as this one does) this means you sift the flour before measuring. [You don’t have to re-sift the substitution as it is already sifted for you.] However, if the recipe calls for flour, sifted this means you sift the flour after measuring.

Hope this helps! Thanks; Virginia

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.