- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated October 27, 2008 at 5:19 pm by .
- October 27, 2008 at 5:04 pm #265409rtebalt
Potted Paper Cones
These elegant trees are so versatile — you can make them in a variety of sizes and with almost endless decorating possibilities — they’ll fit in any (or every!) room in your house.
1 large piece of drawing paper or poster board
Clear or double-sided tape
Small ornaments, garlands, fake jewels, or ribbons
Dowel with a 1/2-inch diameter (ours were 3 feet long)
Decorative bucket or flowerpot
Cotton battingTime needed: About 1 Hour
1. Roll the paper or poster board into a cone shape (make sure the hole at the tip is less than 1/2 inch wide), then tape the seam and trim the bottom so that it’s even.
2. Decorate the cone by hot-gluing small ornaments, garlands, fake jewels, or ribbons to it. (If you’re using bulb ornaments, glue the top of the ornament, rather than the bulb itself, to the cone for a stronger hold.) Let the glue dry.
Stand the dowel in the bucket and fill the bucket with enough rocks to keep the dowel upright. Cover the rocks with the cotton batting, then set the paper cone atop the dowel
- October 27, 2008 at 5:19 pm #401785faxonfive
sorta like a little village of trees huh?? Kewl!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.